Sandy Steen Bartholomew’s new book, Yoga for Your Brain: a Zentangle Workout is now available!
OMG – let me just say that if you already have Totally Tangled in your library you will definitely want to get Sandy’s latest.
By my count there are 90 patterns in the book – and 76 of them are all brand new patterns and they’re all by Sandy! The remaining patterns (14) are official patterns and others included in her two previous books, AlphaTangle and Totally Tangled.
The book is the same physical dimensions as Totally Tangled with 52 pages (including cover). It contains 24 chapters and an alphabetical tangle index at the end.
I am so excited about this book! It’s jam-packed with extended tutorials on all the things you learned in Totally Tangled and so much more. A few of the tips, projects and creative ideas included in the 24 chapters in Yoga for Your Brain include:
- some variations of auras
- tips for shading flat surfaces
- tips on how to make tangles look “round”
- shading with curves
- how to look at pattern similarities and differences
- an introduction on deconstructing patterns
- how to combine patterns and their variations to come up with new patterns
- lots of suggestions of easy exercises to get your creativity going
- BrainTangling – using tangles with Zendala mind maps for creative problem-solving
- transfer tips – and using transfers with your tangles
- tangle patterns in journals
- printmaking with your Zentangles
Please Note: This book is not geared to beginners. If you are a beginner, you should start with Totally Tangled. Of course, you can always get both.